Friday 2 September 2016

I was almost killed by Boko Haram – Ex-Dep Comptroller-General of Immigration

ASABA—THE out-gone Deputy Comptroller-General of Immigration in charge of Finance and Accounts Directorate, Service Headquarters Abuja, Sir Emmanuel Ifeadi, has said that he narrowly escaped being killed by members of the Boko Haram insurgents when he was Kano State Comptroller

Ifeadi, who was recounting some life threatening moments in his career in his testimony at his pulling out thanksgiving service at the St Peters Anglican Cathedral Church, Asaba, Delta State, said that he would have died years ago, if not for the divine intervention of God.

 He said: “If not for the mercy of God, I would not be standing here today to give this testimony. The Lord has done so many things that I cannot count all but I just want to tell you about a few of them that almost took my life.

 “The first was when I was posted to Niger State. We were at a place with my friends eating. Shortly after, my stomach began to pain me seriously like I was going to die.

 I took everything but the pain wouldn’t subside until I was rushed to a young doctor who diagnosed me of peptic ulcer and treated me. “The second was when I was posted to Kano. We just concluded elections and I was at my hotel, then my phone rang and someone said it was the commissioner of police that asked him to call me that there was a souvenir for me and that I should come to collect mine at the police headquarters.

 I told him I couldn’t come but that he should collect it and bring to me but he insisted, so I told him I was not coming. “Immediately, I alerted my men that they should be ready in case he decided to come himself because I didn’t go.

 The next day when I saw the Commissioner of Police and told him what had happened, he said they must be members of Boko Haram, that I was lucky and that they must have laid ambush around where I was and if I had gone out, that would have been my end.”

No comments:

Post a Comment